100% of every dollar donated for research is invested in our research grants. Our operating expenses are covered by separate foundation grants.
The Brain & Behavior Research Foundation is the nation’s top non-governmental funder of mental health research grants.*
About Background Block
What We Fund
- Our model encourages new and innovative research in that we are able to support new ideas from bottom up generated by scientists.
- Each of these important breakthroughs received initial key support from grants provided by the Brain & Behavior Research Foundation.
- 100% of every dollar donated for research is invested in our research grants. Our operating expenses are covered by separate foundation grants.
How We Do It
The Foundation funds the most innovative ideas in neuroscience and psychiatry to better understand the causes and develop new ways to treat brain and behavior disorders.
These illnesses include
- attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- bipolar disorder
- borderline personality disorder (BPD)
- eating disorders
- obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)