Healthy Minds Public Television Series
One in five people has a diagnosable mental disorder, but often fear and shame prevent people from seeking help. Healthy Minds with Dr. Jeffrey Borenstein aims to remove the stigma of mental illness and demonstrate that with help, there is hope. The series focuses on common psychiatric conditions through inspiring personal stories, as well as, experts sharing cutting edge information, including new approaches and next-generation therapies in diagnostics, treatment and research.
The Emmy nominated series is produced by the Brain & Behavior Research Foundation, presented by Connecticut Public Television (CPTV), and distributed by the National Educational Telecommunications Association (NETA). Funding is provided by the American Psychiatric Association Foundation, the Bank of America Charitable Gift Fund, and the John & Polly Sparks Foundation.
SEASON 8 is now available nationally on PBS.org.
Scroll down to see a Season 8 PBS Station Listing
- Season 8 is now available nationally on PBS.org.
- Season 7: Scroll down this page until you see "Season 7 Episodes"
- Season 6: Scroll down this page and click "Previous Seasons" until you see "Season 6 Episodes
- Season 5: Scroll down this page and click "Previous Seasons" until you see "Season 5 Episodes"
- Season 4: Scroll down this page and click "Previous Seasons" until you see "Season 4 Episodes"
Nobel Prize winner Eric R. Kandel, MD, earned the prize in medicine for his research on the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying learning and memory. Dr. Kandel, professor of neuroscience, physiology and cellular biophysics at Columbia University, shares his most recent findings about age-associated memory loss and discoveries that may lead to new treatments for post-traumatic stress.