100% of your contributions for research are invested in our grants to scientists thanks to the generous support of two family foundations which cover our operating expenses.
In 2016, we funded more than $19 million in grants divided between 15 Distinguished Investigator Grantees, 80 Independent Investigator Grantees, and 400 Young Investigator Grantees.
About Background Block
What We Fund
- Our model encourages new and innovative research in that we are able to support new ideas from bottom up generated by scientists.
- Each of these important breakthroughs received initial key support from grants provided by the Brain & Behavior Research Foundation.
- 100% of your donation for research will be invested directly into our Grants thanks to the generosity of two family foundations that underwrite our operational expenses.
How We Do It
The Foundation funds the most innovative ideas in neuroscience and psychiatry to better understand the causes and develop new ways to treat brain and behavior disorders.
These illnesses include
- attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- bipolar disorder
- borderline personality disorder (BPD)
- eating disorders
- obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)